Kai Trump’s NIL Valuation Tops $1.2 Million. Her College Golf Debut Ended with a Reinjured Wrist and a Tie for 102nd Out of 120

ai Trump says she reinjured her surgically repaired left wrist during her University of Miami golf debut, but she isn’t ready to give up.

Kai Trump and a bald man in a black UFC Freedom 250 polo shirt smile and laugh together outdoors at the White House, surrounded by a crowd.
Kai Trump and UFC President and CEO Dana White share a laugh on the South Lawn of the White House ahead of the UFC Freedom 250 fights on June 13, 2026. Photo by Alex Brandon / Getty Images.

“Sometimes I do want to put down the clubs. But I just know I have the talent and I’ve worked so hard to get to this place. I don’t want to give up now,” she said.

Kai Trump and President Donald Trump smile for a photo together inside a crowded arena at UFC 327 in Miami.
Kai Trump poses for a photo with her grandfather, President Donald Trump, at UFC 327 held at Kaseya Center in Miami on April 11, 2026. Photo by Julia Demaree Nikhinson / Getty Images.

The 19-year-old freshman described the setback in a video posted Sept. 23, after competing in the 2026 Golfweek Fall Classic.

Kai Trump in a black sleeveless top and green skort holds a golf club and ball on a sunlit fairway during a college golf tournament.
Kai Trump holds her golf club and ball on the fairway during the 2026 Golfweek Fall Classic, her first collegiate tournament competing for the University of Miami. Photo by Landon Ringler/Golfweek via Reuters.

“My first college tournament, I hit the ground next to the cart path. Let’s just say there must have been some cart path underneath that ground because it was very hard,” she said. “I hit it, and I felt like a shock on my arm. Then on the 10th hole, I hit my driver and I felt like I tore it again.”

President Donald Trump and his granddaughter Kai Trump walking outside the White House, Kai wearing a University of Miami sweatshirt.
Kai Trump, wearing a University of Miami sweatshirt, walks alongside her grandfather President Donald Trump as they depart the White House on Sept. 26, 2025. Photo by Kevin Dietsch / Getty Images.

She had recently returned to golf after surgery to repair damage to her left wrist’s ECU tendon and fibrocartilage complex. Testing after the tournament brought some relief: She said the damage was less extensive than she had feared.

“I didn’t fully tear it and just have a little sliver on my TFCC, which is good because that means I can do these stem cells and I can get better, without getting surgery,” she said. “So I’m going to get my stem cells done now, and I’ll see you guys at the next one.”

Kai Trump smiling in a gold sequined floor-length gown on the red carpet at The ESPYS, with Capital One and ESPYS branding on the backdrop behind her.
At Lincoln Center in New York City, Kai Trump appears on the red carpet in a gold sequined gown for the 2026 ESPY Awards on July 15, 2026. Photo by Jordan Tovin / Reuters.

Trump tied for 102nd in the 120-player field at Caledonia Golf & Fish Club in Pawleys Island, South Carolina. She made her LPGA debut last year at The Annika, shooting rounds of 83 and 75.

Female golfer in navy outfit and blue TaylorMade cap crouching on a putting green, holding a putter upright to read a putt.
At Pelican Golf Club in Belleair, Florida, on Nov. 13, 2025, the 15th green is where Kai Trump lines up her putt during Round 1 of The ANNIKA Driven by Gainbridge at Pelican. Photo by Julio Aguilar / Getty Images.

The eldest granddaughter of President Donald Trump, Kai is the daughter of Donald Trump Jr. and Vanessa Trump. On3 puts her name, image and likeness valuation at more than $1.2 million. She has partnerships with TaylorMade and Accelerator Active Energy and more than 8 million followers across Instagram, TikTok and YouTube.

A young woman in a white dress reaches toward a man in a navy suit on a convention stage, with a cheering crowd and Trump signs in the background.
Kai Madison Trump takes the stage at the 2024 Republican National Convention in Milwaukee as her father, Donald Trump Jr., moves to greet her on July 17, 2024. Photo by Brendan Smialowski / AFP via Getty Images.

At Miami, she’s also finding support from her new teammates.

“The great thing about being on a team now is that I can also learn from them,” she said. “They have your back at the end of the day.”

Thank you for reading. You can find Thought Catalog on Facebook, and read more over on our website.

Post a Comment

0 Comments