24-year-old to marry herself in Gujarat’s ‘first’ sologamy – Times of India

VADODARA: Like any other bride-to-be, 24-year-old Kshama Bindu is getting ready for her D-Day on June 11. She is, however, getting into a union with herself — it’s a solo affair from the word go.
It may seem incredulous, but from “feras” to performing traditional rituals and even wearing vermilion, the wedding will have it all. Well, almost. There will be no groom and no big, fat baraat. This is probably the first self-marriage, or sologamy, in Gujarat.
“I never wanted to get married. But I did want to become a bride. So I decided to marry myself,” Kshama told TOI.
She did some online research to find out if any woman has married herself in the country, but couldn’t find any. “Maybe I am the first to set an example of self-love in our country,” she said.
“Self-marriage is a commitment to be there for yourself and unconditional love for oneself. It’s also an act of self-acceptance. People marry someone they love. I love myself and hence this wedding,” explained Kshama, who works for a private firm.
She said some might perceive self-marriage as irrelevant. “But what I am actually trying to portray is that women matter,” she said, adding that her parents are open-minded and have given their blessings to her wedding.
Kshama has written five vows for her wedding to be solemnised at a temple in Gotri.
And that’s not all. A two-week honeymoon in Goa is also on her list of post-wedding plans.



from WordPress https://ift.tt/MlfkX2E
via IFTTT

Post a Comment

0 Comments