Kim Kardashian Says Her Sisters Summed Up Her Wardrobe as “Either in Pyjamas or Gowns”

Kim Kardashian puts comfort first at home, then accepts the discomfort that comes with dressing up. “When I step out, I don’t care how uncomfortable I am,” she said, recalling her sisters’ description of her wardrobe: “She’s either in pyjamas or gowns.”

"Charles James: Beyond Fashion" Costume Institute Gala - Arrivals
Kim Kardashian on the Met Gala red carpet at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City, May 5, 2014. Photo by Larry Busacca / Getty Images.

Her dressed-up looks have included a silver, tight-fitting maxi dress for a 2022 Dolce + Gabbana show and a custom Margiela corset by John Galliano for the 2024 Met Gala.

The 2024 Met Gala Celebrating "Sleeping Beauties: Reawakening Fashion" - Arrivals
Kim Kardashian makes her arrival at the Metropolitan Museum of Art for the 2024 Met Gala in New York City on May 6, 2024. Photo by Jamie McCarthy / Getty Images.

That preference for comfort at home also helped shape Skims, which she launched in 2019. Kardashian said she used to dye her shapewear with tea bags in the sink because the available shades, black and a very light nude, didn’t match her skin tone. She wanted a range of almost a dozen neutral shades.

US-ENTERTAINMENT-METROPOLITAN MUSEUM
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West make their entrance at the 2015 Met Gala in New York, held in honor of the exhibit “China: Through the Looking Glass.” Photo by Timothy A. Clary / AFP via Getty Images.

“I’m a comfort girlie,” she said. “I wanted more comfort and ease, but to still feel that snatch.”

"Manus x Machina: Fashion In An Age Of Technology" Costume Institute Gala - Arrivals
Kim Kardashian West at the Metropolitan Museum of Art for the Costume Institute Gala on May 2, 2016 in New York City. Photo by Larry Busacca / Getty Images.

Kardashian, 45, said the brand’s range of sizes reflects her aim to help people feel confident in their bodies. She’s still involved in fitting the clothes: “I still am in every fit meeting. I love being our fit model.”

For more from Thought Catalog, follow along on Facebook or visit our website anytime.

Post a Comment

0 Comments