Tuesdays with Toyota – Cora Hill | USA Track & Field – USA Track and Field

For Tuesdays with Toyota, we are spotlighting some of USATF’s most dedicated members with a short feature on USATF.org and our social media channels.

Here is our feature with USATF athlete Cora Hill, member of the Michigan Association from Southfield, Michigan.

Tell us about your journey with USATF and how it has impacted you:

“I started to run at the age of 55 due to the tragic, unexpected death of my son. Running helped in my grieving process. Initially, I had done long distance running, such as the Boston Marathon, NY Marathon, and Detroit Marathon. Then later, I looked at Track and Field and I was inspired by Regina Jacobs. I decided I would compete in the 800 meters and the 1500 meters on the track. Afterwards, I joined the Senior Olympics and I began training and competing in USATF races. I had more confidence, was competent and passionate, and was more determined during my competitions.”

What are you most thankful for in regard to your USATF community? 

“I am thankful for the support and for the friends I have made both locally and internationally. Track and field has given me self-actualization and a feeling of belonging to a group that has the same likes and interests that I have.”

Is there a word, phrase, or thought that helps you focus while you train? 

“Relax, Relate, Release is a phrase I use. And I also count in Mandarin.”

Anything else you’d like the @USATF community to know about you 

“Because of my passion for health and fitness, I am a personal trainer. In that role, I try to inspire others to reach their health and fitness goals, no matter what age. And because I’m partial to track and field, I also steer them in that direction.”

Tuesdays with Toyota are a courtesy of @teamtoyota! Check back the second Tuesday of each month for a new Member Spotlight for Tuesdays with Toyota.



from WordPress https://ift.tt/lWmtCok
via IFTTT

Post a Comment

0 Comments